Can't mount /dev/block/st10 (Invalid argument) Fix i9003(DDLE1) (Value Pack 2.3.6)

I am Not responsible for bricked devices , dead SD cards,  dead pixels or breaking your WARRANTY . Read only if know what you are doing . It can easily make your smartphone a smart paperweight.


So I had Samsung i9003 with (DDLE1) 2.3.6 which I had rooted and successfully installed Cyanogenmod 10 Alpha 4 . It was a fine jellybean port but had a major issue of wifi Signal Drop . I got frustrated and booted into CWM recovery and flashed original 2.3.6 which I had backed up earlier . I made a mistake - I Didn't Wipe Dalvik cache. 
So the flashing wasn't successful and I was stuck with half 4.1.2 and half 2.3.6 and don't forget to add the boot loop .
To be honest I have seen more boot loops on my devices than actual using them . I knew the simple solution to this turn on DOWNLOAD MODE , open Odin , flash stock ROM. Which me having so much experience with destroying phone software ranging from Symbian to Android was successful with. I did a factory reset from the newly flashed stock recovery and this happened
E: Can't mount /dev/block/st10 (Invalid argument) 
And BOOT LOOP again.
I searched and searched the forums but all in vain some said I had destroyed the motherboard ( Again having   a lot of experience in burning cellphone motherboards from Nokia to Samsung )
Some said I needed to flash another file with would make the error turn to new error which can be solved by another file flash.
SOLUTION - SIMPLEST OF ALL
1. Go to download mode by pressing and holding Volume down + Home button + Power on and connect usb cable.
Once in download mode you will see a Yellow Android digging up with a shovel which doesn't actually dig (its a .jpg not a .gif - Geek pj )
2. Open odin as administrator(win 7) ( Download odin - http://www.android.gs/download-odin-1-85/)
3. Find your phone which will show up as a yellow ID:COM port in odin. (if it doesn't make sure you are using original usb cable and have oem or android drivers installed )
4. Download a file according to your firmware from here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1331253) Credits to all its developers.
5. Open the file downloaded in step 4 into PDA of odin Click start ( Make sure everything EXCEPT Auto reboot and F.reset time is UNCHECKED  ).
6. Once done it will show green and phone will automatically reboot.
7. Put any Custom rom on ext SD and flash it using newly flashed CWM recovery ( Try data wipe it will work but might not get you out of Boot Loop)
8. Flash Stock firmware .


Comments

Popular Posts